With the aim of improving your customer experience, we are working to enable you to contract and assign special checked baggage for your group directly from our platform.
The main new feature that we would like to tell you about is that from now on you will be able to contract special checked baggage for your group directly on the platform. We are working on other extra services, so at the moment, services not related to special checked baggage should be contracted through our Customer Service Centre during working hours.
Before we explain how to contract special checked baggage through the platform, please remember that:
- To be able to contract special checked baggage, the booking needs to be paid in full.
- It is only possible to add 1 special checked baggage per passenger and the service is subject to availability.
- It's possible to contract this service up to 72 hours before departure of the first flight.
- Contracting special checked baggage is subject to availability. In order to guarantee the necessary space inside the aircraft, on flights on which you wish to contract more than 30 pieces of special checked baggage, you will need to submit the corresponding request at least 15 days in advance of the first flight through our Customer Service Centre during working hours. These special requests need to be expressly authorized by Vueling. Vueling may reject or adjust special baggage any items requested for safety reasons.
Here we explain how to contract these services via the group platform:
1. Go to the Opportunity and click on the "Extra Services" button. Always remember that this option will be enabled once the Opportunity has been paid for in full.
2. In the "special baggage" section, click on the edit pencil to access the different types of special checked baggage.
3. Add the number of special checked baggage items (+/-) you will need for your group (golf equipment, bicycle, surfboard, etc).
- If the group has a return flight, indicate whether you wish to contract the same services for both flights.
- Once you have selected special checked baggage, click on the "Save" button and then on the "Continue" button.
Please remember that if you are requesting more than 30 pieces of luggage, you must contact our Customer Service Centre for authorisation
4. By default, special checked baggage will be automatically assigned to the first passengers in the booking.
- If anything needs to be changed, this can be done through our Customer Service Centre within working hours.We are still working on the possibility of a manual assignment option but this is not available at the moment.
- Click on the "Continue" button to manage the payment of these services.
5. You then need to make the payment for the contracted services by credit card. Payment by bank transfer is not available for these services.
6. Once payment has been made, you can return to your booking where you will see the details of the contracted services.
7. In the passenger list, the special services invoiced will be automatically assigned to the first passengers on the list. Please remember to add the name of the passengers on the basis of this assignment. If anything needs to be changed, this can be done through our Customer Service Centre during working hours.
We keep working on improving the self-management of extra services to make your customer experience even better. We will keep you informed of any upcoming news through our blog.
For more information, check our conditions for Groups or contact our Customer Service Centre.